2.4 GHz Wireless Lan stops working when connected

home Forums USB C Hub GN30H 2.4 GHz Wireless Lan stops working when connected

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by GarryJones GarryJones 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jussi
    jussi
    Participant

Hello,

after connecting the GN30H, my Wireless connection stops working.

It is still connected to my working wifi, but as soon as I connect the hub to my MacBook Pro 2017 TouchBar, the internet is not reachable anymore.
    If I navigate to any page, it keeps on loading. When I disconnect the hub, the page loads.

Is there anything I can do about this?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Jussi .
    Monica Wong
    monica hwang
    Participant

Hi, Jussi

I am Monica from QacQoc. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Honestly, there is no any effective solutions from Intel or USB official organization.
    Does your router has dual 2.4G and 5G AC wifi band?
    If so,we suggest you set your router to 5G wifi , which will help to solve the problem according to our testing. Please feel free to contact us if you have further question.

Ricky Terzis
    Ricky Terzis
    Participant

Hi..as per my knowledge while Nighthawk routers have some of the strongest radios in the industry, router positioning is important. Ideally, it should be placed within direct line of sight to clients or with as few intervening walls as possible. Make sure the antennas are positioned as recommended by Netgear. On the R7000, this would be the center antenna vertical and the outer antennas at 45 degrees. In a two-story dwelling, place the router on the lower level (unless all of your clients are upstairs!), because the antennas are arrayed to generate radio emissions upward more so than downward. You may also want to experiment with orienting the router so that all antennas are facing the clients as much as possible for maximum signal reception.

<object id=”__symantecPKIClientMessenger” style=”display: none;” data-install-updates-user-configuration=”true” data-supports-flavor-configuration=”true” data-extension-version=”0.5.0.161″></object>

Jussi
    jussi
    Participant

I do have Ubiquiti Network Equipment installed. It does not matter if I am 1 meter in sight away or in another room.

Christian_heins
    christian_heins
    Participant

Hi everyone,

i bought the qacqoc GN28K on aliexpress and it arrived in order, but when i plugged it in my macbook pro mid 2017 128gb no Touch Bar the wifi immediately stops working, after doing some research i found that the signal interference can be stopped with aluminum foil, i decided to wrap the hub in that and it actually WORKED!!!, then after trying several times other options i found a type of tape used to wrap airconditioning, on one side is sticky on the other side is aluminum, i sticked this taped and cut it to fit the side that plugs to the computer, and it worked!!!, before that the hub was looking horrible wrapped on aluminum, now it looks pretty decent, the problem is on the side of the hub that plugs to the computer, its so easy the solution, i don’t know why qacqoc hasn’t solved that yet. bye if you want pictures of how i did it, email me at christian_heins@hotmail.com

GarryJones
    GarryJones
    Participant

How do you choose the best choose the best product among the ones listed here?
    https://buywirelessrouternow.com/best-modeling-amps/

GarryJones
    GarryJones
    Participant

Some please help me pick out the best product among those mentioned on the site.
    https://buywirelessrouternow.com/best-wireless-router-for-under-100-usd/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.